Guide to Wedding Ceremony Music
- Prelude: Music played before the official start of the ceremony, as guests arrive and are seated. Usually 30 minutes.
- Bridal Party Processional: Entrance of the wedding/bridal party. This may include bridesmaids, groomsmen, attendants, flower girls/boys, the ring bearer, etc. Important family members (grandparents, parents, etc.) may precede the bridal party.
- Processional: Entrance of the bride (or groom).
- Music during the ceremony (optional): Background music during a candle-lighting ceremony, sand ceremony, etc.
- Recessional: Exit of the couple and wedding party.
- Postlude: Exit of the guests. (Sometimes combined with the recessional, particularly at shorter ceremonies.)
- Cocktail hour: Background music.
Sample Wedding Song Selections
Harp Music for Your Wedding Ceremony
The following selections are examples of wedding songs, but your imagination is the only limit to what you choose!
- All I Ask of You, by Andrew Lloyd Webber
- Automne, by Marcel Grandjany
- First Arabesque, by Claude Debussy
- Für Elise, by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Just the Way You Are, by Bruno Mars
- Little Fountain, by Samuel O. Pratt
- River Flows in You, by Yiruma
- To a Wild Rose, by Edward MacDowell
- Theme and Variations, by Josef Haydn
Many other selections, including (but not limited to!) pop, Classical, and Broadway, available by request.
- Air on the G String
- Aria in Classic Style, by Marcel Grandjany
- Meditation from "Thais," by J. Massanet
- Ave Maria, by Franz Schubert
- Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, by J. S. Bach
- Sheep May Safely Graze, by J. S. Bach
- All of Me, by John Legend
- A Thousand Years, from "Twilight"
- Flightless Bird, American Mouth, by Iron & Wine
- Here Comes the Sun, by The Beatles
- I Choose You, by Sara Bareilles
- Make You Feel My Love, by Adele
- Marry You, by Bruno Mars
- Perfect, by Ed Sheeran
- Rose's Theme, from "Titanic"
- Somewhere Only We Know, by Lily Allen
- Turning Page, from "Breaking Dawn" (Edward and Bella's wedding song)
- Watermark, by Enya
- Only Time, by Enya
- Ode to Joy, by Ludwig van Beethoven
- Trumpet Tune, by Henry Purcell
- Trumpet Voluntary, by Jeremiah Clarke
- Wedding March (from Midsummer Night's Dream), by Felix Mendelssohn
- Can't Help Falling in Love, originally sung by Elvis Presley
- "Game of Thrones" Theme
- God Only Knows, by The Beach Boys
- I'm Gonna Be, by The Proclaimers
- I'm Yours, by Jason Mraz
- Love Story, by Taylor Swift
- Marry You, by Bruno Mars
- Sky Full of Stars, by Coldplay
- The Way I Am, by Ingrid Michaelson
*These wedding song selections are also lovely for prelude.
- Ballade pour Adeline, by Paul de Senneville
- Candle on the Water, from “Pete’s Dragon”
- Edelweiss, from “The Sound of Music”
- Fireflies, by Owl City
- ”Game of Thrones” theme
- A Groovy Kind of Love, by Phil Collins
- Married Life, from “Up”
- Seguidilla, by Carlos Salzedo
- Time After Time, by Cyndi Lauper
- What a Wonderful World
- A Whole New World, from “Aladdin”